Graphics and Web Designer's Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloomy Sunday (death song)

4 posters

Go down

Gloomy Sunday (death song) Empty Gloomy Sunday (death song)

Post  yukie Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 am

Gloomy Sunday, "Szomoru Vasarnap"
..ok...i happened to browse this one over the net sometime ago...it's from another forum, am not the one
who wrote it...it's a guy named:Naixius L ...that's his nickaname...(asianfanatics.net) ...i tried to dig it back there just to share some info here that might interest you....

ok here's what he wrote....
Any one hear this before? This is a movie name. This is also the movie's music name. According to urban legend, it inspired hundreds of suicides.

The songwriter, Rezso Ser-ess and his girl friend died by suicide themselves. One who hear this song will suicide themself. The song is released in 1933. In Republic of Hungary, there are 17 people hearing this song. Then, they suicided themselves by holding the disk record. People died with the record disc beside them.

The song was forbade later by the government of Republic Hungary. Even though, there are few people stealthily play this song. In Belgium, there is a person in a pub play this song again. A teenager take out his gun and pointed it to the temples. He shot himself and died there.
The cops wish to find out the truth. Hence, they send a girl cop to investigate this case. This cop buy its disc back and wish to investigate it. Unfortunately, she died after hearing the song. Cops found her posthumous papers at the scene.

Is it true? I mean is that the real song? But why did some people die after hearing it? Can I hear it since I am not interest in "love" at all?

..ive heard about it before...but i dunnow the truth behind it...i was able to listen to the song a couple of times since i added it on my multiply playlist sometime ago....everytime i open or somebody opened my profile...the song will play... there were no casualties so far...lolz...
...do u have any personal opinion about this?
yukie
yukie

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Gloomy Sunday (death song) Empty Re: Gloomy Sunday (death song)

Post  Quarantine™ Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 am

also read many stories about this but i dont think it affected me in any suicidal way..
Quarantine™
Quarantine™

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.tropicalisland.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  threezeros000 Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Never heard and I dont think Id kill myself if I did.

Are you from Hungary because your bloodbath person was from Hungary and now this?

threezeros000

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Skimpy Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:00 am

I just listened to it a few minutes ago. I'm still alive Very Happy Very Happy I think the stories about people committing suicide after they heard the song were manipulated as a strategy for marketing sake. I've read from somewhere that the songwriter was the only one who committed suicide. Suicide is a choice so let's not keep blaming it to the song lol!
Skimpy
Skimpy
VIP

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum