Graphics and Web Designer's Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doppelganger

Go down

Doppelganger Empty Doppelganger

Post  yukie Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:17 am

Blackwood Farm is part of Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles ....a story about Quinn and his doppelganger ...after reading the book sometime ago, i became fascinated with the story behind doppelgangers and thus digging thru the infos all over the web makes me frightened than ever.... in other words, i became so paranoid that everytime i approach a relative or family members, i'll have to talk to them just to make sure they're not body doubles such as doppelgangers.....

doppelgangers copy faces and features, especially the one closest to you but it doesn't talk and it appears quite sudden and subtle.

FROM WIKIPEDIA
A doppelgänger (pronunciation (help·info)) is the ghostly double of a living person. The word doppelgänger is a loanword from German, written there (as any noun) with an initial capital letter Doppelgänger, composed from doppel, meaning "double", and gänger, as "walker". In English, the word is conventionally not capitalized, and it is also common to drop the German diacritic umlaut on the letter "a" and write "doppelganger", although the correct spelling without umlaut would be "doppelgaenger".

In folklore

The doppelgängers of folklore cast no shadow, and have no reflection in a mirror or in water. They are supposed to provide advice to the person they shadow, but this advice can be misleading or malicious. They can also, in rare instances, plant ideas in their victim's mind or appear before friends and relatives, causing confusion. In many cases once someone has viewed his own doppelgänger he is doomed to be haunted by images of his ghostly counter-part.

Other folklore says that when a person's doppleganger is seen, the person him/herself will die shortly. It is considered unlucky to try to communicate with such a doppleganger.

quite spooky..ayt?!
have you experienced a close encounter with these kind?
yukie
yukie

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum